The collaborative process is for couples seeking a dignified end to their marriage. Ultimately, you are the best judge of your and your spouse’s ability to collaborate. Collaborative law may be right for you and your spouse if you can adhere to the following principles:
• You desire a respectful, dignified process for ending your marriage.
• You wish to maintain control over decisions affecting your lives during and after your divorce.
• You understand the importance of maintaining a relationship with your spouse after the divorce if children are involved.
• You want to protect your children from the potential harm of divorce litigation.
• You can be fair and honest with your spouse.