Many issues arise during the divorce of parents with a special-needs child, including:
• Who will act as guardian of the child while he or she is a minor?
• What will happen to the child after age 21?
• What will happen to the child after the custodial parent dies or becomes incapacitated?
• Where will the money come from to provide the special care the child requires?
• What if the parent who has visitation rights can’t be relied on to get the child to medical appointments or to administer medication?
The attorney and staff at the law offices of Lauren B. Abramson work with you to address your concerns and to develop a long-term plan for your child.