Family Law Attorney in Westchester County
Handling divorce, custody and support for more than 25 years
Lauren B. Abramson, Esq. is a tough advocate for clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, custody, visitation, property division, child support and alimony. If your family is on the brink of change, we work hard to protect your interests.
With a background in social work, Lauren B. Abramson fights for children, parents and spouses throughout Westchester and Putnam counties, including White Plains, Harrison, New Rochelle, Bedford, Armonk, Bronxville, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Somers, Croton-on-Hudson, Carmel, Peekskill and Rye.
Legal representation tailored to your needs
At the law offices of Lauren B. Abramson, we are committed to your future. Because we understand all families are different, we develop a strategy based on the facts of your individual case. The benefits of working with our firm include:
- Extensive litigation experience — Lauren B. Abramson has more than 25 years’ experience guiding spouses and parents through family law disputes, both in and out of court. Ms. Abramson seeks fair settlements, but if the opposing party is unreasonable, she is ready to go to court. She began her career prosecuting child abuse and neglect cases, so she is a seasoned litigator.
- Diverse background — In addition to her law degree, Ms. Abramson holds a master’s degree in social work. Having handled child abuse and neglect cases, she understands the legal and human dynamics at work in family law matters.
- Experience with special-needs children — We help divorcing parents who face additional issues because of their special-needs children, who may need financial support into adulthood and have different custody and visitation needs.
- Attentiveness and compassion — We genuinely care about understanding your individual situation and tailoring our strategy to fit your goals. We are accessible and responsive to every client, even after normal office hours.
- Strong alternative dispute resolution skills — Lauren B. Abramson has special training in mediation and collaborative law. Negotiated settlements reduce the emotional toll of divorce.
Handling a broad range of family issues
We help clients with a wide variety of issues, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, separation, divorce, child support, child custody and visitation. We represent husbands, wives, unmarried couples and same-sex partners. Our legal services include counseling, mediation, litigation and collaborative law. We’ve been helping families transform in and around Westchester County since 1987.
Getting divorced in Westchester County
We understand that, even in the best circumstances, divorces are emotionally taxing. Whether you are seeking a separation, uncontested divorce, no-fault divorce or contested divorce, our office seeks a resolution that accomplishes your goals.
We also handle all the issues that go along with a separation or divorce, including:
Collecting or changing child support
At some point after a divorce or separation, many parents find they need help collecting or changing child support. We take care of filing enforcement actions and requests to modify child support. Our experience in this area means we know how to request income withholding orders, bank levies and violation citations. If you need to change child support, we explain the factors supporting a modification, such as changes in income or in the children’s needs.
Collaborative law and mediation options
We are experienced in collaborative law and mediation. Whereas both methods allow the parties to decide the outcome of a case themselves, they in that mediation is conducted by one mediator and may occur in conjunction with an existing court case while a collaborative divorce, where both parties are represented by his or her own collaborative attorney, is entirely outside the court process. We explain your alternative dispute resolution options and help you decide which method is best for you.
Contact a strong advocate in White Plains for family law help
Lauren B. Abramson, Esq. has been helping families transform in Westchester County since 1987. Our office is in Harrison, across from Saxon Woods Park, between the Hutchinson River Parkway and the New England Thruway. We’re open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. We offer weekend and evening meetings by appointment. Parking is free. Contact us today at 914-908-6829 or online to arrange a consultation. We are committed to your future.