IS COLLABORATIVE LAW LIKELY TO WORK IN MY CASE?
Collaborative law is not for everyone. According to the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the collaborative approach is likely to be a good option for you if you believe the following values are important:
• I want to maintain a tone of respect even when we disagree.
• I want to prioritize the needs of our children.
• My needs and those of my spouse require equal consideration, and I will listen objectively.
• I believe that working creatively and cooperatively solves issues.
• It is important to reach beyond today's frustration and pain to plan for the future.
• I can behave ethically toward my spouse.
• I choose to maintain control of the divorce process with my spouse and not relegate it to the courts.
Collaborative law helps you maintain those values, while reducing the destructive aspects of a conventional divorce. Visit our collaborative law FAQ page
to learn more about the process.
CONTACT OUR WHITE PLAINS, NY COLLABORATIVE LAW ATTORNEY TODAY
With more than 30 years of experience working with family law issues, Lauren B. Abramson, Esq. is devoted to helping you reduce the conflict surrounding divorce. Our office is across from Saxon Woods Park, between the Hutchinson River Parkway and the New England Thruway. We’re open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call us at 914-908-5877 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation. We serve individuals and families throughout Westchester and Putnam counties, including White Plains, Harrison, New Rochelle, Bedford, Armonk, Bronxville, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Somers, Croton-on-Hudson, Peekskill, Rye, and Carmel.